The Hispanic population in the U.S. reached a new high of 55.4 million in 2014, according to the Pew Research Center. With the increase in population, we have also seen an increase in the homeownership rate (45.3% for the first quarter of 2016) among the Hispanic community.
Because of the growth of these numbers, some agents have shown concern about how to best communicate with the Hispanic community. Last week, the Pew Research Center published an article about internet access among Hispanics.
“Since 2009, the share of Latino adults who report using the internet increased 20 percentage points, up from 64% then to 84% in 2015…Between 2009 and 2015, the share of immigrant Hispanics who use the internet grew from 51% to 78%. And over the same period, the share of Spanish-dominant Hispanics who use the internet about doubled, from 36% to 74%.”
Here are some numbers for 2015:
- Immigrant Latinos made up about half (52%) of all adult Latino internet users.
- Spanish-dominant Latinos made up 32% of all adult Latino internet users in 2015.
- Immigrant Latinos make up 49% of the adult Latino population.
- Spanish-dominant Latinos make up 38% of Latino adults.
- 80% of Latino adults access the internet from a mobile device.
There are many programs that you can use to reach your customers. For example, VoicePad, which works on all mobile devices, can be used to automate and simplify your customers’ search for MLS data. It can also provide narrated tours in Spanish, and English.
This is just one of the many ways to reach Hispanic and Spanish-dominant customers who use their cell phones to find information about their dream homes.