For first time, the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP) included a section about the Latinas in their latest report ‘The State of Hispanic Homeownership Report 2015’. Under the section “Latinas on the Rise”, they reported that “one in five women in the U.S. is a Latina and own more than one million businesses in the U.S., accounting for 10% of all women-owned firms in the United States”.
The report also gave some numbers from the 2015 NAHREP survey. Here are the highlights they mentioned:
- 91% of Hispanic women ages 25 to 60 believe that purchasing a home is the best financial investment they can make.
- 61% of the Latina respondents believe that they will play a larger role than their partners will when buying a home.
- 59% of the Latinas said they will likely research homes to visit before buying a home
- 58% will research communities and neighborhoods
- 43% will research mortgage options
As the report mentioned, “Latinas are a critical influencer in the decision to purchase a home and in the actual home-buying transaction process.” Are you a Latina who thinks buying a home is the best financial investment you can make? Call a local real estate professional today to find out your options when purchasing your family’s dream home.