Currently there are 9.9 million women-owned businesses in US generating $1.6 trillion in receipts. According to a fact sheet on Hispanic Women-Owned Businesses released with the report:
- There are 1,475,829 Hispanic Women-Owned Businesses in the US, an increase of 87.3% since 2007
- These businesses generated $83.6 Billion in receipts, an increase of 50.3% since 2007
The National Association of Realtors’ 2014 Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers gave some insight about single women in general when they reported that:
- Single women are buying homes at nearly twice the rate of single men.
- They represent 23% of the first time homebuyers and 16% of repeat buyers
- 78% of single females view homeownership as a good financial investment
- 18% of single females are the caretaker of aging parents
Some of these single females may be Hispanic business owners buying either their first or second home.