Last week we ran a blog about 5 Real Estate Resources for Hispanic Buyers, and many asked about resources to find real estate terms in Spanish.
So, here are 5 Real Estate Glossaries available in Spanish:
- The Glossary of Industry terms by Fannie Mae: a PDF file that you can print and have available or you can email to your clients so they can understand the terms.
- Glossary of terms by the Connecticut REALTORS: it is a 31-page PDF file with the terms and a definition of them in Spanish.
- The Real Estate Glossary of the Real Estate Center of the Texas A &M University. They have translated and explain 787 real estate terms.
- If you work with First American Title Company, they have two CDs available: Real Estate Vocabulary & Terms Spanish-English Glossary Vol.1 and Vol. 2, with a list of real estate and mortgage terms.
- And finally Linguee Dictionary is an online tool that allows you to type the term that you want to translate and it gives a list of ways that the term has been translated.
As we previously mentioned, 82.5% of Hispanics stated that they are more likely to make a purchase if the information is available in their own language. Spanish-speaking homebuyers became the fastest growing market in the U.S. last year and Hispanics accounted for 40% of all the U.S. household growth.
As an agent, if you have your real estate information available in Spanish, your clients will appreciate it. The best way to show more potential buyers that you have the information available for them in their native tongue is to share it on your social media channels for more exposure!
The more people you help the more they will recommend you to their friends and family that may need a little extra help to make the American Dream a reality.